Re: Crontab doesn't run jobs

John Hasler ha scritto:
VP writes:
# m h dom mon dow command
30 18 * * * /sbin/init 0

I wrote:
Is there a newline at the end of that file?

VP writes:
No.

Then it won't work. There must be a final newline.

As I wrote, I had already tried with the newline too.

I tried again leaving it but nothing happens.

  • Re: Console
    ... Flo 'Irian' Schaetz ha scritto: ... you would have to check if the inserted character is ... a Newline, then fetch the line (either by split or remembering the last ...
    (comp.lang.java.help)
  • Re: delete last line
    ... | | leaving the previous very last line to replace ... | says remove, one means removing the 'newline' as well, so that there's ... to "fix" me from making all those typos, confusing explainations, ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)
  • Re: Understanding a simple C program
    ... whether or not a newline is needed is implementation defined. ... The standard doesn't require ... Is an implementation allowed to say that the behavior of leaving off ... Though if the documentation made a more realistic statement that the ...
    (comp.lang.c)
  • Re: delete last line
    ... | leaving the previous very last line to replace ... says remove, one means removing the 'newline' as well, so that there's ... Bill just posted: ... ex - filename <<DONE ...
    (comp.unix.sco.misc)