Re: Quick Books on Linux?

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 01:31:32 +0000, ToddAndMargo wrote:

Hi All,

I have a customer who asked me to put
together a Citrix/Windows server to run Quick Books.

Before I dive into that one, I thought
I would ask if anyone figured a way to run Quick Books 2009 on a Linux
server. (I know it won't run under Wine.)

Many thanks,
-T

I run it under VMware Server in a Win2K VM. The Quickbooks database is in
a Linux directory that's exported under SAMBA and network mounted in the
Win2K VM, I do my backups by checking it in to a CVS server which I
backup regularly using rsync. The performance under VMware Server 2 is
essentially the same as native, in fact it's probably better because you
don't need any anti-virus software in the Win2K VM as long as you
restrict it's use to Quickbooks and it's cousins (I also run Quicken and
TaxCut on the VM). Another advantage is that you can run the VMware
console with the Windows desktop on a client machine with excellent
performance. In fact you can run that desktop on multiple clients
simultaneously which is something that you can't do with Windows remote
desktop which is limited to one client at a time.

  • Cant add user permissions from folder window, can from Computer Mgmt console
    ... On a Win2k client on a network with a win2k pdc server, ... All other network functionality on the Win2k client seems ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: How to update entries in a file
    ... For those of us who write books, not everything is covered in them and hence ... The below is done using sockets and I have the server and the client working ... Why isn't line 1 passed into the array? ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)
  • Re: 5 access 2000 users and 1 AccessXP user
    ... Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. ... The back end is on a server running win2K ... >>> client with respect to Access 2000. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.conversion)
  • Re: Win2k VPN Client cant connect. Winxp client can.
    ... I have a winXP client that can get in just ... Is the Win2K workstation using a wireless connection? ... Ethernet adapter Server Local Area Connection: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Win2K client on Win2k Server
    ... I have a win2k pro client. ... > the win2k client cannot seem to get an ip address from the server. ... > it see any of the other clients in the domain (my network ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)