Re: Mounting a Sandisk Thumb Drive in Linux (Knoppix, Linux)

On 2009-01-29, W. eWatson <notvalid2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's been so long since I've used linux that small usb drives
have come into being. I decided to use Knoppix to do some
simple things with a program someone wrote in C for Linux. To
get it off the drive, I need to know how to mount it. I may
even need how to modify fstab. Comments?

It'll show up as a SCSI device (e.g. sda sdb sdc). After you
plug it in, do a "dmesg" command and you should see messages
from the USB storage driver identifying it. Then use a mount
command:

mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/whatever

[substitute whatever dmesg reports for "sdb" in the above]

You'll need support in your kernel for SCSI disks and USB
storage devices.

--
Grant

  • RE: Machine not Booting - Continued
    ... mkraid command and the mount command in the script as you suggested (in no ... Otherwise specify the same mkraid and mount command in /etc/rc.local. ... it has no proper file system to mount. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: [SLE] Still cannot update beyond original KDE3.3--Exhausted and Depressed
    ... Open Yast, Click on Software, ... to attach the contents of the disks to the existing filesystem. ... mount point is the directory in the filesystem you will attach those ... > Like perhaps give the the exact command and where to ...
    (SuSE)
  • RE: Machine not Booting - Continued
    ... with out the fstab /dev/md0 hashed out. ... have u tried to use the mount ... command to fix bad blocks like you suggested or has this done it already. ... within the Corus group of companies, ...
    (RedHat)
  • RE: Machine not Booting - Continued
    ... The entry in the fstab is now hashed ... command to fix bad blocks like you suggested or has this done it already. ... The error seems like its able to mount the partition but is not able to ... within the Corus group of companies, ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: Mouting USB Flash Drive with RH 7.1
    ... dd command used to write image file on destination disk assuming destination disk is floppy. ... Gabby James wrote:I plugged the flash drive into my Windows XP machine and it asked if I ... I formatted it as FAT32 now I can successfully mount ... Now I just have to figure out what happened when I did the 'dd' command. ...
    (RedHat)