Re: Mounting a Sandisk Thumb Drive in Linux (Knoppix, Linux)

On 2009-01-29, W. eWatson <notvalid2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It's been so long since I've used linux that small usb drives
have come into being. I decided to use Knoppix to do some
simple things with a program someone wrote in C for Linux. To
get it off the drive, I need to know how to mount it. I may
even need how to modify fstab. Comments?

It'll show up as a SCSI device (e.g. sda sdb sdc). After you
plug it in, do a "dmesg" command and you should see messages
from the USB storage driver identifying it. Then use a mount
command:

mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/whatever

[substitute whatever dmesg reports for "sdb" in the above]

You'll need support in your kernel for SCSI disks and USB
storage devices.

--
Grant

.