Re: Preventing the kernel from responding to input devices

Tony Houghton wrote:

Is there a way to stop the kernel from responding to certain input
devices? I've got a DVB card with a remote control and the kernel thinks
it's a keyboard, outputting key events on /dev/console, and worse, it
now shuts down if I press the Power button, which has only started
happening recently (since kernel 2.6.29 I think).

The dvb card module probably has a switch to turn off the remote.
Like, as an example,
options saa7134 disable_ir=1
(to place into some modprobe.conf file, depending upon distribution).
A working acpi configuration usually does graceful shutdown after pressing
the power button, if you want to define your own actions you have to change
them in a file you probably find under /etc/acpi.

  • Re: Linux and remote control device
    ... I'd like to add support for my Infrared remote control to Linux. ... So far I only see LIRCD project that make the kernel support ... While they reside in the kernel, they can be changed from userspace. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Preventing the kernel from responding to input devices
    ... I've got a DVB card with a remote control and the kernel thinks ... I can't do that for a start because it's a PCI card. ... acpid from responding to them. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Mac Mini Core 2 Duo with linux
    ... but since my last post I realised that you can't get a DVB card ... Or, possibly, a USB DVB stick with two tuners: ... support for a remote control is present in the driver (though I have no idea ... Recording from both or using one for both recording and viewing ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • How to hang 2.6.9 using serial port and FB console
    ... Obtain remote controller "YAMAHA REMOTE CONTROL TRANSMITTER RCX" ... Boot up the "gentoo" kernel from the LiveCD ... Switch to console 3 and back. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • plz help fixing lirc_igorplugusb kernel module
    ... It turns out that lirc_igorplugusb.c is part of the 2.6.28 kernel ... ElMark IR remote control on usb3:3 ... rather if I could help fixing this issue). ...
    (Linux-Kernel)