Re: Temperature problem

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 13:15:02 +0000, Luca wrote:

Hi,

I have a compaq notebook with an nvidia card and a pentium dual core
CPU. I have windows vista and kubuntu.

The pc had a high temperature from 2 week. If I use windows I haven't so
high temperature, I have use Linux with cpu policy "performance" o
"dynamic" the temperature raise 90°.

Somebody know something about this problem?

It's likely related to ACPI and fans not being controlled properly.

Need help?: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/ubuntu.jpg
Ahhhhhhhh!: http://brandybuck.site40.net/pics/relieve.jpg

  • Re: Temperature problem
    ... I have windows vista and kubuntu. ... The pc had a high temperature from 2 week. ... I have use Linux with cpu policy "performance" o ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Temperature problem
    ... I have windows vista and kubuntu. ... The pc had a high temperature from 2 week. ... I have use Linux with cpu policy "performance" o ... It's likely related to ACPI and fans not being controlled properly. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Temperature problem
    ... I have windows vista and kubuntu. ... The pc had a high temperature from 2 week. ... I have use Linux with cpu policy "performance" o ... I don't know google I'm just arrived from Mars! ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: What could be causing a slowdown across the board?
    ... and a general slowdown), but the only high temperature is the power ... It seems you're not the only one with a warm power supply - ... Once BOINC has ceased executing, CPU usage is not a problem, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Temperature problem