Re: The tar trick !!!
- From: "Chris F.A. Johnson" <cfajohnson@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2009 19:28:33 +0000
On 2009-06-06, annalissa wrote:
Grant Edwards wrote:
But I don't really see why "cp -a" won't work. It handles
links, device files, permissions, etc.
BTW which is more preferred cp -a or tar ..???
Neither; the POSIX command is pax.
Chris F.A. Johnson, author | <http://cfaj.freeshell.org>
Shell Scripting Recipes: | My code in this post, if any,
A Problem-Solution Approach | is released under the
2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence
- Prev by Date: Palm Pre
- Next by Date: Re: Palm Pre
- Previous by thread: Re: The tar trick !!!
- Next by thread: Re: The tar trick !!!