Re: backup commands that handle renaming smarter than rsync? Avoiding data-de-duplication.

James Harris <james.harris.1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in news:5d304d91-2546-

have had similar ideas. Here are some links that might or might not be

In the last link maybe the --fuzzy and --delete-after or --delete-
during may help.

Very useful! Thanks James. --fuzzy seems not very useful since so far as I
understand it will only look in the current folder for a rename. Not very

On the other hand the --detect-renamed patch (back in 2006) for rsync seems
very promising. I want to figure out what it does but I cannot find that
option in my rsync version nor manual. Maybe the patch never made it to
the trunk.