Re: Shutting Down Daemons...

Unruh wrote:
T <g4173c@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

.... These scripts have been linked to in the /etc/rc.d/rc5.d
directory with both Kxx and Sxx naming to them. From the command line
they work fine I can start, stop or restart all the daemons. The
problem seems to happen on a system reboot. It doesn't appear to be
calling the daemon script with the stop option. ...

The K scripts are NOT run from runlevel 5 at shutdown. All the scripts in rc5.d are
run at bootup, botht the K and the S. (K first then S). At shutdown run
level 6 is run. So you need the K scripts in that rc6.d directory.

Close. Shutdown is runlevel 0. Reboot is runnlevel 6. Both runlevels
should be mostly K scripts.

As another poster said, you should use chkconfig to maintain the
symbolic links, since you're using a distro that has chkconfig.
chkconfig will make sure the right links go in the right places.

Also does anyone know what's up with Google Groups. I tried a search
for daemon and only one post showed up. I then tried a search for "du"
in the "" group (which I know should return several
hits) and got nothing.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Programming "efficiently" on given hardware - what does it mean really?
    ... I well remember those scripts and aliases! ... That "some familiarity with the basic conventions" thing is more ...
  • Re: Communication between python scripts
    ... >>Is there a preferred method for having different scripts on different ... >>computers communicate with each other? ...
  • Re: Debian 5.0 & 64 bits
    ... The scripts will have to do a lot of manipulations with datas. ... Since I doubt he is running a DB that big just for fun, I would say ECC ... In fact, every time I look up the error rates for RAM, ...
  • Re: Is SSH worth it??
    ... The argument that Ettercap claims to break SSH ... So there really will be no major change in the scripts, ... first time key exchange. ...
  • Re: up for auction
    ... while and I want to do some more php stuff, they have new Cusimano ... scripts now and I want to put something sensible up on ...