Re: Shutting Down Daemons...

Unruh wrote:
T <g4173c@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

[snip]

.... These scripts have been linked to in the /etc/rc.d/rc5.d
directory with both Kxx and Sxx naming to them. From the command line
they work fine I can start, stop or restart all the daemons. The
problem seems to happen on a system reboot. It doesn't appear to be
calling the daemon script with the stop option. ...

[snip]

The K scripts are NOT run from runlevel 5 at shutdown. All the scripts in rc5.d are
run at bootup, botht the K and the S. (K first then S). At shutdown run
level 6 is run. So you need the K scripts in that rc6.d directory.

Close. Shutdown is runlevel 0. Reboot is runnlevel 6. Both runlevels
should be mostly K scripts.

As another poster said, you should use chkconfig to maintain the
symbolic links, since you're using a distro that has chkconfig.
chkconfig will make sure the right links go in the right places.

Also does anyone know what's up with Google Groups. I tried a search
for daemon and only one post showed up. I then tried a search for "du"
in the "comp.unix.shell" group (which I know should return several
hits) and got nothing.

  • Re: Communication between python scripts
    ... >>Is there a preferred method for having different scripts on different ... >>computers communicate with each other? ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Programming "efficiently" on given hardware - what does it mean really?
    ... I well remember those scripts and aliases! ... That "some familiarity with the basic conventions" thing is more ...
    (comp.programming)
  • Re: Debian 5.0 & 64 bits
    ... The scripts will have to do a lot of manipulations with datas. ... Since I doubt he is running a DB that big just for fun, I would say ECC ... In fact, every time I look up the error rates for RAM, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Is SSH worth it??
    ... The argument that Ettercap claims to break SSH ... So there really will be no major change in the scripts, ... first time key exchange. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: websitedesign.co.uk up for auction
    ... while and I want to do some more php stuff, they have new Cusimano ... scripts now and I want to put something sensible up on ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)