Re: Improved Menu Script

On 2009-09-24, Ryan McCoskrie <ryan.mccoskrie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's why GNU HURD is taking so long.
Richard says the whole thing should be done in Emacs
lisp to prevent anyone from making a proprietary derivative.

I thought Emacs was already an OS, just missing a decent editor. ;-)

--keith

--
kkeller-usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(try just my userid to email me)

  • Lisp Celebrities and Computing History from Worse Is Better
    ... Lisp Celebrities and Computing History from Worse Is Better ... user program must be saved. ... invoked the system routine so that resumption of the user program ... especially involving lisp, emacs, unix. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: How To Learn Lisp
    ... HOW TO LEARN LISP ... it's built on a beast of a text editor called ... Emacs which is supposed to be all-powerful. ... I guess the nightmare learning curve you imply that makes it such a beast ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • My interests are converging onto emacs - my emacs office, no, OS!
    ... editor, but I got interested in lisp, and what do you know, I got ... led me to be recommended ESS (Emacs Speaks Statistics) for R, ... I'm also getting again into chess and that found me Emacs Chess. ... emacs :-) - and regular expressions already anyway so perl, ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: The vagueness of the definition of LOOp
    ... its technical merits, Ylikoski, and making decisions regarding ... As for my non-usage of Common Lisp, the fragmented ecosystem dominated by proprietary software vendors is like a bad recollection of the early days of C/Unix, the all-caps conversion of symbol names brings back unfond memories of BASIC accompanied by eyestrain and headaches, I'm deathly allergic to emacs, and meanwhile there are some nice free software Lisps maturing on open platforms like the JVM that have access to big modern portable non-proprietary library and tool ecosystems like the JVM's and lack all of Common Lisp's legacy baggage. ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)
  • Re: reading file to list
    ... Common Lisp is the other way around. ... that many old emacs users, which includes significant portion of emacs ... 2 fundamental problems of lisp i feel this ruby ... The way the above works is that each of f, g, h is a lambda themselves ...
    (comp.lang.python)