Re: Any Go To Assist alternatives for Linux

On 2009-09-30, Mark Hobley <markhobley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Todd <todd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tight VNC open a separate display. I double checked
with their forum a month or so back. Which means
I can not "share" their keyboard, monitor and mouse.

Hmmm. I'm not sure what you mean by that. VNC will display the users
desktop on your computer, and allow you to operate it via remote
control, whilst your user watches what you are doing from their computer
screen. You can also watch what is happening on the screen as they
operate the computer. Is that what you are looking for?

I believe (though, again, this is from my memory, which is fuzzy) that
TightVNC on linux shows a virtual display, not the actual console
currently active. What I believe happens is that vncserver starts
a new virtual display (and starts Xvnc, the actual X server, inside of
it) that is only viewable via a VNC client.

--keith

--
kkeller-usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(try just my userid to email me)