Re: Keep workspaces totally separate

* The Natural Philosopher <tnp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
spasmous2 wrote:
So I am new to linux (Ubuntu 9.10). I love the workspace feature,
where I can have two sessions running simultaneously. However I notice
that stuff keeps leaking from one workspace into the other. For
example, if I start Firefox in workspace 1 then quickly switch to
workspace 2, then Firefox actually opens in workspace 2. How can I
make the workspaces totally separate, with no communications between
them - as if they are running on different computers?

when you find out., let me know :-)

Devil's Pie. It's in the Ubuntu repositories.

<http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/07/25/how-to-set-default-workspace-size-and-window-effects-in-gnome/>

--
James Michael Fultz <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Remove this part when replying ^^^^^^^^

  • Firefox / Compiz problem to mull over with someone.
    ... I can't get Compiz at startup to place Firefox on viewport (workspace) ...
    (Fedora)
  • Getting Firefox to behave like Galeon
    ... After having some problems with galeon in dapper, ... the firefox idiosyncrasies, but there is one that I must resolve. ... application that has a place in every workspace is my browser. ... if there is a browser window open on this workspace: ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Gnome windows management
    ... if I click to open a url link in Thunderbird in workspace 1 ... with Firefox already open in workspace 2, Firefox is moved to workspace 1 ... It should have opened a new tab in Firefox in workspace 2. ... Once Firefox opens a workspace it ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Possible Memory Leak with Fedora 9 64-bit?
    ... 2 tabbed shells, file manager, and Firefox 3. ... another workspace might help: When the system freezes, ... rates, memory usage, cpu usage, etc. ... are running vmstat, it may be enough. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)