Re: Keep workspaces totally separate

James Michael Fultz wrote:
* The Natural Philosopher <tnp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
spasmous2 wrote:
So I am new to linux (Ubuntu 9.10). I love the workspace feature,
where I can have two sessions running simultaneously. However I notice
that stuff keeps leaking from one workspace into the other. For
example, if I start Firefox in workspace 1 then quickly switch to
workspace 2, then Firefox actually opens in workspace 2. How can I
make the workspaces totally separate, with no communications between
them - as if they are running on different computers?
when you find out., let me know :-)

Devil's Pie. It's in the Ubuntu repositories.

<http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2007/07/25/how-to-set-default-workspace-size-and-window-effects-in-gnome/>

Bugger. Its not in debian stable. Its in squeeze..
..

  • Re: Keep workspaces totally separate
    ... where I can have two sessions running simultaneously. ... that stuff keeps leaking from one workspace into the other. ... then Firefox actually opens in workspace 2. ... The sessions can spring from one screen to another. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Keep workspaces totally separate
    ... where I can have two sessions running simultaneously. ... that stuff keeps leaking from one workspace into the other. ... then Firefox actually opens in workspace 2. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Keep workspaces totally separate
    ... where I can have two sessions running simultaneously. ... if I start Firefox in workspace 1 then quickly switch to ... earlier KDE releases and/or in KDE 4.x) you can specify that a certain ... You can force lots of settings there over the default ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Keep workspaces totally separate
    ... I love the workspace feature, ... where I can have two sessions running simultaneously. ... that stuff keeps leaking from one workspace into the other. ... then Firefox actually opens in workspace 2. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Keep workspaces totally separate
    ... where I can have two sessions running simultaneously. ... that stuff keeps leaking from one workspace into the other. ... it down with all kinds of things, but if I switch to one of the other three Desktops, there's nothing started up. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)