Re: Plugging EMACS into FIREFOX

On 2009-11-29, Vilmos Soti wrote:
bvdp <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I use the firefox extension "it's all text" and edit all my gmail
messages with emacs :) Just make sure you have set your gmail to do
basic html or the <edit> option doesn't show up.

And how did you configure "it's all text" to use emacs?
I spent some time a while ago and it didn't work for me.

Tools -> Add ons -> It's All Text -> Preferences

Add the path to emacs (or emacsclient, if you have emacs running
all the time) in the editor field.

--
Chris F.A. Johnson, author | <http://cfajohnson.com>
2005, Apress | GNU General Public Licence

  • Re: Great SWT Program
    ... None of the nasty things that you have said or implied about me are at ... but that's not what emacs is. ... multiple top-level windows, ... over and over again for each instance you need to do an edit near. ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • how to edit a file as admin
    ... Another little emacs tip. ... The tip is about how to edit files that ... you want to edit a file that requires admin privilege. ...
    (comp.emacs)
  • Emacs too slow for casual editing [was Re: Formatting Posts With VI]
    ... > postponed post is just not fast enough. ... And besides, Emacs isn't the ... > right tool if all one wants to do is edit a file, ... > time one logs into the system and be closed when one logs out of the ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Running an application more than once
    ... It is up to the program developer to ... developers for Emacs rather explicitly recommend the opposite. ... You edit one file and then exit the editor. ... and do all your editing in the same Emacs session. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Tcl Cross Platform Editors - your top five.
    ... I can't compile Vim on some of these ... platforms for various reasons and Vi is not sufficient. ... Emacs is the best and should compile and or have packages for all ... If you can ssh into a box then you can edit ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)