Re: Can ext3 filesystem corrupt due to power failure

On 2010-01-19, notbob <notbob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2010-01-19, The Natural Philosopher <tnp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

any fil4system can.

It's been my experience that ext3 is more robust than that
murder-yer-wife filesystem. After using --and losing-- more than one
reiserfs under pwr failure conditions, ext3 works relatively well.

You don't really need a power failure for that.

On my previous machine, I had 2 software-related machine crashes in just a
few weeks. Each time, ReiserFS hung solid on reboot. And it's fsck wasn't
really much help, neighter.

Allways backup, kids. Allways.

--
Any time things appear to be going better, you have overlooked
something.