Re: Can ext3 filesystem corrupt due to power failure

On 2010-01-19, notbob <notbob@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2010-01-19, The Natural Philosopher <tnp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

any fil4system can.

It's been my experience that ext3 is more robust than that
murder-yer-wife filesystem. After using --and losing-- more than one
reiserfs under pwr failure conditions, ext3 works relatively well.

You don't really need a power failure for that.

On my previous machine, I had 2 software-related machine crashes in just a
few weeks. Each time, ReiserFS hung solid on reboot. And it's fsck wasn't
really much help, neighter.

Allways backup, kids. Allways.

Any time things appear to be going better, you have overlooked

Relevant Pages