Re: named (DNS) question
- From: Jim Moe <jmm-list.AXSPAMGN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:13:48 -0700
On 01/26/10 01:19 pm, David W. Hodgins wrote:
Apparently so. I removed the "directory" option in <named.conf>, copied
If it's like my Mandriva system, named runs in a chroot environment
within /var/lib/named, so the /var/named directory that it's looking
for would actually be /var/lib/named/var/named.
the <named.cache> and <name.local> files that were in /var/named/ into
/var/lib/named, and started the daemon using the init script. It worked!
/usr/sbin/named -t /var/lib/named -u named
I have no idea how I managed to start it with the original conf. When it
started this time, though, it synced with the master DNS server.
jmm (hyphen) list (at) sohnen-moe (dot) com
(Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)
- Prev by Date: Re: MPlayerXP-0.7.95 has been released
- Next by Date: ☞ ☜free shipping *** more fashionable goods brand shoes at www.ecyaya.com
- Previous by thread: Re: named (DNS) question
- Next by thread: ☞ ☜free shipping *** more fashionable goods brand shoes at www.ecyaya.com