Re: find and autofs

Sidney Lambe <sidneylambe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On comp.os.linux.misc, Kevin the Drummer <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a few cron jobs which start jobs like 'find / ....' and
these jobs, in cooperation with autofs tries to mount all of the
hosts in my /etc/hosts file as //net/somehost.fdqn.blah

How can I constrain find to not try to search the network? My
best guess is to constrain it by filesystem type. I thought find
had a "stay local please" flag, but I can't find that in the
manual page, in the info pages, nor through the --help flag.

Alternatively, if I could constrain autofs from looking into
/etc/hosts and trying to mount hosts that I haven't told it to
mount, that would be great too.

Thanks...

I think what you need to use is -prune to keep find from accessing
the mount points of the remote file systems.

But I'm not good enough with find to give you the details. I
suggest you post this question on comp.unix.shell.

Thanks. I'll look further into -prune.

What a bunch of nonsense that is.

Would you prefer "I speak for me"? Or, maybe nothing? Or, maybe some
cute/annoying anecdote?

The part asking for folks to post a summary comes from when
I was a member of the Sun Managers email list. Posting a
summary/solution was part of the rules of membership, and the
price for the free help. That worked well for me back then.

Cheers....