Re: ACLs on XFS via NFS

On 2010-05-09 00:26:25 +0200, Chris Davies <chris-usenet@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

Philipp Kraus <philipp.kraus@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm running 2 Gentoo systems with kernel 2.6.33.3 and .2. The server
(.3) exports some directories via NFS. I have setup some dirs with ACLs,
in which a group gets full access [...]

Have you got --manage-gids set on the server's rpc.mountd? Read about
it in the manpage.

Yes, I had setup the -g flag into /etc/conf.d/nfs under OPTS_RPC_MOUNTD but I can't see
all user and group ride on the NFS client. The NFS client gets uids and gid via LDAP, so
every user can work on the client, but the ACLs are not there

Thanks

  • Re: ls: 0653-340 There is not enough memory available now.
    ... Good to know that tis message can arrive because of NFS access. ... This support is handled by an RPC program that exchanges information about ACLs ... a file after looking at the permission bits, but the permissions could have been ... enforced by the server according to the ACL on the server. ...
    (comp.unix.aix)
  • ACLs on XFS via NFS
    ... The server exports some directories ... I have setup some dirs with ACLs, in which a group gets full access. ... On the NFS client ... I create a file or dir on the NFS client, the ACLs would be set correctly on the server, but the client don't see any ACL ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: rsync in funktionierend?
    ... Eigentümerschaft, flags, eflags und ACLs via ssh von einem Mac zum anderen ... nicht mit hfs-Dateisystemen, sondern nfs bzw. cifs. ... ACLs unterstützt. ...
    (de.comp.sys.mac.misc)
  • Re: NFS / ACL/ XFS
    ... i_ssk> client from the server thru NFS. ... It was decided explicitly to _not_ deal with ACLs in NFS3 so that way the ... :Where were rumours about somebody working on ACL support in Linux NFS, ...
    (comp.sys.sgi.admin)
  • Re: Samba / CIFS and ACLs
    ... Is the POSIX standard compatible with the NFS V4 standard? ... So it is not really a POSIX standard, nor is it likely to be in the future. ... The text of the POSIX draft looks laborious to read, and I have not determined if the POSIX ACLs work anything like OpenVMS ACLs. ...
    (comp.os.vms)