Re: Discussion: Login portal through linux to get internet and print

Den 16.06.2010 16:24, skrev Maxwell Lol:
Geir Holmavatn<geir56@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

BUT we want to force our students to somehow authenticate before they
get access to the internet in the classrooms. Not having logged in,
no internet access. When having logged in their additional bonuses
are access to their personal (and common) folder(s) and print services
through CUPS.

MAC address filtering?
Or don't assign IP addresses unless they regster their MAC address.

Btw, how does 802.11.X authentication work? Would that be possible in this scenario using freeradius?

geir

  • Re: Enable / disable internet access in selected classrooms
    ... We have several classrooms networked which need continous ... internet access only when allowed by the teacher. ... The router / firewall IP is on the same subnet as the domain controller. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Enable / disable internet access in selected classrooms
    ... We have several classrooms networked which need continous access to the domain controller and in addition, internet access only when allowed by the teacher. ... The domain controller subnet switch need to have each port isolated from each other so an interconnection between black (domain controller net) and blue in selected classrooms does not influence internet access for the rest of the classrooms. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Linux at school with notebooks
    ... the classrooms and for internet access in the dorms. ... In the classrooms they need print and file storage services in addition to ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Discussion: Login portal through linux to get internet and print
    ... get access to the internet in the classrooms. ... no internet access. ... When having logged in their additional bonuses ... Or don't assign IP addresses unless they regster their MAC address. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)