Re: Discussion: Login portal through linux to get internet and print

Den 16.06.2010 16:24, skrev Maxwell Lol:
Geir Holmavatn<geir56@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

BUT we want to force our students to somehow authenticate before they
get access to the internet in the classrooms. Not having logged in,
no internet access. When having logged in their additional bonuses
are access to their personal (and common) folder(s) and print services
through CUPS.

MAC address filtering?
Or don't assign IP addresses unless they regster their MAC address.

Btw, how does 802.11.X authentication work? Would that be possible in this scenario using freeradius?

geir
.