Re: How to enable file transfer for cross-platform application

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
Chris Davies wrote:

Personally, if it's file transfer I'd recommend SFTP (file transfer
over SSH) every time.

SFTP is really for interactive transfer by humans. For programmatic
transfer, use SCP.

It’s all part of SSH anyway.

/usr/bin/sftp is not especially good for programmatic use; the SFTP
protocol on the other hand is pretty good for it.

--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/

  • Re: How to enable file transfer for cross-platform application
    ... SFTP is really for interactive transfer by humans. ... transfer, use SCP. ... It’s all part of SSH anyway. ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Is SSH worth it??
    ... > We would be using SSH and SCP. ... SCP for automated scripts. ... > client will not be prompted for a password. ... remote machine, but imho it is better to swap client+server and give ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • RE: SCP and MVS data sets?
    ... SCP and MVS data sets? ... Is it possible that the open function is different in SCP? ... You can also do the following weirdness to use ssh to copy a z/OS legacy ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: why does scp not use all my cores on a multi-cpu machine?
    ... When I ran my little test earlier, I observed that while I typed scp, both ... scp and ssh got "energized" and in fact ssh used more time than scp. ... Now since encrypting and transmitting has some elements of paralellity ... Right -- ssh, et. al. is an I/O bound process, so long as the network ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: linux to linux scp in batch mode: how?
    ... reason why it works now is because of the dsa key. ... > been configured automatically when I set up ssh, I would imagine that I am ... >> I have ssh and scp up and running on my two Redhat 7.2 Linux machines, ... >> between the machines. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)