Re: Simple way to script thumbnails

On Tue, 11 Jan 2011 17:40:37 +0000, Stan Bischof wrote:

From any web search looks like there's so many possibilities that a
quick note here seems more productive, so...

I would like to write simple script to take a directory full of
arbitrary graphics files ( gif, jpg, png, tiff, etc ) and generate
constant-pixel-height thumbnails of them all. What's a simple, small
tool that I can install and use for this?

I would really like small/simple rather than a huge beast like gimp. And
of course a CLI is needed. Something that will work on vanilla linux box
( no kde or the like ) without need for a GUI.

So- has anyone here actually done this? If so what tool(s)?

thanks
Stan

That's one of the things that imageindex does - it will create a gallery
with thumbnails and intermediate size images - it's quite customizable
in what it can do. But imagemagick will probably do all you need.
.