Re: Limit RAM usage

On Fri, 21 Jan 2011 02:02:49 -0800, Martin Hierholzer wrote:
So how can I actually implement a limit on the real amount of RAM (on a
2.6 kernel of course...)?

kvm? If you setup kvm and virtual machines to run each individual
process I think you can set the amount of RAM each virt machine will
get. That will at least isolate your problem to a single VM, thus
letting other process(es) run unaffected.

Note: I've never done this, I just remember reading about it somewhere on
Redhat/Fedora websites...

  • Re: Virtual Server and SBS
    ... 25 user production environment on 1GB, ... with a proper amount of RAM over a two week span, ... A test could be installing a new program for compatibility testing, ... Virtual machines are excellent for proof of concept ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Parallels & Bootcamp; most efficient way to install Windows on new machine?
    ... When I hear the phrase "virtual disk volumes", ... When I hear the phrase "virtual machines", I am more inclined to think ... Somehow I went off on a tangent and got the idea in my ... ram, such that 1,000 Macs with 2GB of ram apiece could act exactly like ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: To Vista or NOT
    ... I've just purchased a dell d820 laptop (core duo, 4gb ram) that came loaded with XP, and have upgraded to vista ultimate. ... After loading up a few virtual machines, I'm thinking of back-pedaling to XPpro for the base environment. ...
    (borland.public.delphi.non-technical)
  • Re: Ram performance
    ... I have a couple of question about RAM performance. ... Though having 2GB RAM why paging of file is used in task manager? ... When I use virtual machines system becomes very slow and processor ... Scroll down to "Can the Virtual Memory be turned off on a really large ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: 2 Gig RAM Limit
    ... I understand FAT16, FAT32, and NTFS quite well. ... Today I upgraded my G5 from 1.5 Gig of RAM ... some of my Virtual machines and noticed that the maximum I can set them to ... Once booted to the desktop I did a VPC Properties and it said ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)