Re: Slow down a Process

Anton Meyninger <anton.meynin...@xxxxxxxxx> [AM]:
AM> I need to slow down a process by 50%. Is there some tool or
AM> something which allows me to do that?

If your program uses X11 graphics or creates a lot of screen output,
you might try running it under a couple (or a couple hundred) nested
'ssh -Y ...' shells.

All but the last one will simply fork a new 'ssh -Y ...' process. The las=
(innermost) one will actually execute your program. (Using key based
ssh authorization is a must. You wouldn't want to enter all
those passwords manually...)

Hopefully all those encryption/decryption layers will slow down
your program's execution notably, while all other programs running at
the same time on the same machine will run at normal speed (with
some raising of the 'ssh' processes' nice value).

This hasn't been tested. If you do test it, please post your results.

  • [kde] Re: SSH Forward KDE applications
    ... which is the best way to correctly setup the console environment to ... execute the properly kde apps via ssh forwarding? ... FWIW I only do CLI SSH here, ... other) apps to execute remotely, is connect from a user console via "ssh ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: perl expect script to login to multiple machines
    ... ssh public key method and execute the commands inside the foreach and ... 2.- SSH let's you execute remote commands on that servers. ...
    (perl.beginners)
  • Executing remote commands via ssh causes zombie process
    ... I tried to execute the command "ls -l" using the ssh executable on the ... it's not relevant whether I use plink or ssh. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • SSH wont execute commands with bash
    ... but in my .cshrc profile I execute the bash ... shell if it exists on the system. ... $ ssh user1@hostname ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: [Info-Ingres] Wierd error of the week -- I win!
    ... I've seen similar behavior with ssh outside of Ingres which might be ... I needed to identify that it was an ssh command coming in and diverting ... It is safe to execute the program. ... If a terminal monitor script uses \shell to execute a program indicated ...
    (comp.databases.ingres)