Re: Best practice Linux support vendors?

In article <39f71fac-d3bf-4144-a7ee-5d71ebd9c08f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
snorble <snorble@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
When administering Windows servers, I have found that between the
hardware vendor support (Dell, HP, etc) and Microsoft support, that
takes care of most of the big "oh crap" situations, like having to
restore a domain controller on different hardware or other hairy
issues.

[...]
believe Dell has some offerings, and there's RedHat, etc. I use Linux
for my own stuff, but for a customer it would be nice to have someone
to call in a pinch. Any advice in this area? Thanks.

Most Linux-Distributions are done by a commercial organization which also
provides support for money. Debian, which is backed by volunteers, has a
list of consultants [1].

[1] http://www.debian.org/consultants/

cu

AW

P.S. Could you please tell me if (or if not) you see my post in
comp.os.linux.misc?
--
[...] If you don't want to be restricted, don't agree to it. If you are
coerced, comply as much as you must to protect yourself, just don't support