Re: Surprisingly problem not solved yet.
- From: "Anonymous Remailer (austria)" <mixmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 14:05:35 +0200 (CEST)
no.top.p...@xxxxxxxxx <no.top.p...@xxxxxxxxx> [n]:
n> Several days ago, you mounted the USB-stik,
n> onto one of your 6 Xdesktops/workSpaces onto 1 of 4 terminals;
n> ie. one of possibly 25 odd Desktop,Terminal locations.
n> Now you need to umount the stik. But it reports as being
n> busy. Some of the apps which are running on some of the 25
n> Desktop,Terminal are very difficult to see if they are on the
find /proc -type l -path '/proc/*/cwd' |
xargs ls -l |
grep ' '"$STICKPATH"'$' |
sed 's@.* /proc/@@;s@/cwd .*@@'
will give you a nice list of the processes whose current working
directory is /path/to/USB/stick.
Piping the above command sequence to
xargs -n 1 ps -f --pid
will show you more info (like the process's virtual screen etc.)
about the processes that keep the USB stick busy.
- Prev by Date: Re: ubuntu without gdm [SOLVED]
- Next by Date: Batch mail server setup
- Previous by thread: Best Linux web site creator/editor
- Next by thread: Batch mail server setup