Re: Copy website configuration from one server to another

jwcarlton wrote:

I do have root access to both, but I'm not sure what to look for.

The old machine's /etc/httpd/ directory should have all the
configuration needed.

--keith

On my machine, /etc/httpd/ is an alias for /usr/local/apache/, which
contains logs, the compiled httpd scripts, manuals, etc (roughly 4GB
worth of data). I can't imagine that all of this could (or should) be
copied over, could it?

Because you built apache yourself?

Redhat packages for apache2 would install to /usr, working areas in /var/...
and config in /etc.

So as mentioned by another poster, /etc/http (or whatever very similar name
redhat use these days - I use debian, so coming from memory from a couple of
years back) should be all you need.

Unless, this funky web interface panel thing you spoke of has database like
files under /var/somehing as well?

--
Tim Watts

  • Re: Copy website configuration from one server to another
    ... contains logs, the compiled httpd scripts, manuals, etc (roughly 4GB ... worth of data). ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Copy website configuration from one server to another
    ... contains logs, the compiled httpd scripts, manuals, etc (roughly 4GB ... worth of data). ... I can't imagine that all of this could be ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Portable Sawmills in Philadelphia
    ... it will not be worth it for someone with a portable saw to ... the value of the lumber in their logs. ... you can contact the Wood-Mizer corporation. ... They are the largest manufacturer of portable sawmills and they make ...
    (rec.woodworking)
  • Re: log shipping failback
    ... If you've had an orderly role reversal from primary to standby, ... If you have 2 weeks worth of tran logs on Server1 and it now becomes the ... and then reinitialize log shipping. ...
    (microsoft.public.sqlserver.replication)
  • Re: When not to log
    ... >> mails root every tenth iptables 'hit' with a summary!. ... >> Well I'm asking myself here is all the time involved worth it?, ... I can just lock the door and let the lock get on with it's ... generated the logs you suggest, then at the moment I would be ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)