Re: dirty pages not being written out
- From: Robert Riches <spamtrap42@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: 1 Feb 2012 05:51:42 GMT
On 2012-01-31, The Natural Philosopher <tnp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Maybe the drivers were buffering everything...not the kernel.
I had that problem with a RAID once. you could even sync, but it was no
guarantee the data was on the disks. The RAID sub sytem reported 'all
written' and that was that. Except it wasn't. it was in the RAID system
The 'Dirty' line in /proc/meminfo said the pages were still in
dirty state. A manual sync did clear them out.
(Yes, that is one of my email addresses.)
- Prev by Date: Re: How do you use the "at" command?
- Next by Date: Re: dirty pages not being written out
- Previous by thread: Re: How do you use the "at" command?
- Next by thread: Re: dirty pages not being written out