Re: Again, how to run commands to the files/directores found by "find" command?

Thank you very much. It works great. I like the way using pipe and xargs.

BTW, when I was posting, I used this command:

find -type d -name output -exec echo cp -f /fs/home/t.txt {}/.. \;

If without echo in it, the command would has worked.

BTW, the people who wrote "find" command have chosen the symbol "{}" and "\;". These symbols are very confusing. Hard to digest and hard to remember.

  • Re: [SLE] java is good for windows but it is not for linux
    ... I put the command line: ... ...in /etc/profile.local and echo $JAVA_ROOT is returning the correct ... BTW /usr/lib/java exists on my ... > that are used during terminal setup or session setup... ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Cleaning aux files of all kinds from a dir tree?
    ... Olive's correction of the find command was exactly what I needed to get ... (I had read the find man page, btw, before posting. ...
    (comp.text.tex)
  • Re: Persisting env vars in cmd windows
    ... more about batch files as you go on, ... echo The time is %time::=.% ... But the piece de resistance was the "start" command, ... echo:: ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Persisting env vars in cmd windows
    ... But the piece de resistance was the "start" command, ... - Have all code for the one project in one single batch file. ... @echo off ... echo:: ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Persisting env vars in cmd windows
    ... even though it applies to any command, e.g. echo, copy, ... Similarly the syntax for the extremely powerful "for" command ... more about batch files as you go on, ... echo:: ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)