Re: Sendmail access fle and "may be forged" connections

Clark Smith wrote:
My sendmail logs show a number of connections from hosts such that sendmail determines that the host may be forged. Is it possible to configure the /etc/mail/access file so that such connections are rejected immediately?

I am not sure about sendmail but exim can use spamhaus.org and that works very well for me: rejects most spam at the SMTP level

This may help

http://www.sdsc.edu/~jeff/spam/Sendmail.html

and how hard it is to achieve it.

  • Re: How I "turn-on" e-mail?
    ... I cannot connect to port 25 when I come from other hosts. ... I'm looking for some general advice on how to configure this host so ... Sendmail is configured by default to only listen on the loopback device. ... You will need to reconfigure it to listen for connections on your network ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How I "turn-on" e-mail?
    ... I cannot connect to port 25 when I come from other hosts. ... I'm looking for some general advice on how to configure this host so ... Sendmail is configured by default to only listen on the loopback device. ... You will need to reconfigure it to listen for connections on your network ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: port 25 not responding to outside
    ... > accepting connections from the outside. ... > an outside host on the internet tries to connect to port 25 of my host, ... > restarting sendmail completely several times, ... Maybe your ISP is blocking the port. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: port 25 not responding to outside
    ... > accepting connections from the outside. ... > an outside host on the internet tries to connect to port 25 of my host, ... > restarting sendmail completely several times, ... But if nothing shows up in your sendmail logs, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • port 25 not responding to outside
    ... accepting mail from the outside. ... accepting connections from the outside. ... an outside host on the internet tries to connect to port 25 of my host, ... restarting sendmail completely several times, ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)