Re: Linux as strong end host

dspfun wrote:

Hi!

Among many usages, Linux can be used/configured as an "End
System" (a.k.a. host) or a router.

When using Linux as an ES (End System), Linux can be configured/used
as supporting either the "Strong ES Model" or the "Weak ES Model". The
default for a Linux ES is the "Weak ES Model".

See http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1122 regarding "Strong ES Model" and
"Weak ES Model".

The question is, what is the easiest/best way to configure/setup Linux
as an End System supporting the "Strong ES Model"?

Educate yourself in configuring the firewall, set up the routes accordingly.

For that question, you are definately in the wrong group here

  • Re: Multiple IPs
    ... have a Draytek 2820 router which allows me to use these addresses ... In practice you can probably safely use the "network" address as a host ... Using your "network" address for a host depends on your networking stack ... I had a further experiment today, moving one of my Linux boxes to ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Why Linux is blind to this ARP reply ?
    ... All the pings are using IP address, no host names. ... When you ping from linux you get this: ... Router replying to the ARP reply in response to 10.10.3.99 ARP ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Linux as strong end host
    ... System" (a.k.a. host) or a router. ... When using Linux as an ES, ... what is the easiest/best way to configure/setup Linux ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Linux as strong end host
    ... System" (a.k.a. host) or a router. ... When using Linux as an ES, ... If not do you think it would be a useful/helpful configuration option ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Confusing gateway/FW project - need help bad!
    ... ...all boxes have internet as well as intranet access. ... address" setting in the router enabled but disable DHCP on the LAN. ... I was going to change it over to Linux eventually anyhow, ... I have eth1 removed from the box as I figured I'd get eth0 ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)