Ubuntu 12.04 LTS has been released

Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin) released!

The Ubuntu team is very pleased to announce the release of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
(Long-Term Support) for Desktop, Server, Cloud, and Core products.

Announcement at:
http://fridge.ubuntu.com/2012/04/26/ubuntu-12-04-precise-pangolin-released/

quotes:
- Long term support maintenance updates will be provided for Ubuntu 12.04
for five years, through April 2017. For those working on the ARM
architecture, an 18 month supported release is also provided for the ARM
server using the ARM Hard Float (HF) architecture.

Has anyone tried it yet?

Rui Maciel

  • Re: Low end PC as home server, what package should I install?
    ... was called that started support USB devices) time frame). ... I want to turn it into a home server for other machines (one Windows ... I use the desktop version of Ubuntu and ... Isn't this a little low speed for a software raid? ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: [opensuse] seems like were about to get a flurry of end of lifes due to new support cycle.
    ... Ubuntu has LTS releases, 5 year support, just exactly for this reason. ... One little niggle here, 5 Years is for the server edition, it's 3 ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Priams screws loose
    ... and then, even if I could get the hardware to co-operate, there was simply NO SOFTWARE SUPPORT FOR WHAT I WANT TO DO. ... I have absolutely no problems with Ubuntu. ... But that's because I only use it for what it's good at: DNS, caching web proxy, NFS file server, ... But I had to re-install a few ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Very slow network - Ubuntu
    ... that I can still get support from Debian users. ... he is trying to get support for an older version of Ubuntu. ... install Edgy, until then don't come back" pretty soone if he waits long ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Very slow network - Ubuntu
    ... that I can still get support from Debian users. ... done only after seeking support from uses of the spinoff distro, as the OP in this thread did. ... I have searched ubuntu forums to no avail. ... install Edgy, until then don't come back" pretty soone if he waits long ...
    (Debian-User)