Re: Need script to loop fdisk

On 2012-05-17, Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:
On 2012-05-16, NoHtmlMailsPlease wrote:
According to my logs, in Oct 2005 I used a method that was publicised on
these
groups, and it worked for me, and now I'm trying to remember how it worked.
It went something like this:-

A script which repeatedly calls `fdisk` while increasing the size of the
new-partition, and thus incrementally moving the partition "boundry" of
the new/next partition, and testing for
<yes that's where the previously lost boundry WAS>.

That sounds like something I wrote several years ago.

I can't find the script right now, but IIRC it looped with a new
call to fdisk (with changed parameters in a here document) in each
iteration.

I'll see if I can find it.

<http://compgroups.net/comp.os.linux.misc/need-ash-script-interesting-hack/563583>

--