Re: convert text mit tab stops to table

On 21/05/2012 12:52, ekkardgerlach wrote:
Hi,
any tool available to convert a ascii-text with tab stops to a table
according to tabs?

a2ps considers tab stops but squeezes two short text sections with two
tabs to *one* column. I need a strict a conversion to a table where any
tab stop starts a new column.

The aim is a postscript file that is printable.

tia
Ekkard

If it's a one-off, then use LibreOffice/OpenOffice.

  • Re: Automatic tab generation.
    ... You can set default tab stops at 1/4" intervals in Word (Format | ... Paragraph), but as soon as you set a custom tab stop, all the default tab ... >>> one by one, but in the FORMAT> TAB dialogue box, I ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)
  • Re: Need help with tabs
    ... FWIW, indents, as well as tab stops, do transfer to the new paragraph added ... When I select a paragraph and set right and left tabs nothing happens. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)
  • Re: inserting dot leaders
    ... One thing that was/is superior about WP wrt tabs, however, is that you can right-click on a tab stop on the ruler and select tab leaders from a dropdown menu instead of having to go to the Tabs dialog as in Word. ... You select the text and set the tab stops, ... reselect the initial selection because when you do, ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)
  • Re: I hate you all
    ... Tab stops were set manually, to a physical distance into the page, ... Typewriters don't have a tab "character". ... Both text editors and typewriters encode information about tab settings ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: TOC Changing page orientation with out interfering with Set TO
    ... But what's really needed is the ability to add tab ... Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org ... Since "flexible" tab stops exist only for tables ... they should be independent of paragraph formatting. ...
    (microsoft.public.word.pagelayout)