linux -> Win XP -> Internet

From: panache (vbahety2000_at_rediffmail.com)
Date: 07/13/03

Date: 13 Jul 2003 06:53:29 -0700

Hi All,

I am trying to connect a network like this:

Linux ------> Win XP --------> Innternet
                     wireless

Explanation:
I have a laptop which runs Win XP Professional and is connected to the
internet on campus via a wireless card. The other machine is running
RH Linux and is connected to the laptop via a crossover cable. I am
giving the linux machine a private address (192.168.2.5) and the
laptops eth interface 192.168.2.6, which is also the Linux box's
default GW. Since the Linux box cannot be directly connected to the
internet, I want to access the internet through the Win XP machine.

I know that I need NAT enabled on XP, which I have read somewhere is
done by default. I have also configured the nameserver on Linux
(/etc/resolv.conf) to be the same as that of the Win XP machine.

I am able to ping to the wireless interface from the linux box but not
beyond that (the access point for instance).

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong (or If I am not doing
enough).

Thanks,

Vipul