Network topology inference

From: Daniel Sadoc (sadoc_at_rio.com.br)
Date: 07/28/03

Date: 27 Jul 2003 19:47:40 -0700

Hi,

Please, I would like to know if is it possible to infer the topology
of a network using linux tools.

For instance: I have a network, and I want to generate a graph showing
the nodes in the net, maybe graphically grouped in subnets, and linked
to their servers.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Daniel Sadoc

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Reconstructing network topology maps
    ... uses SNMP, for topology gattering, for both Level 2 and 3. ... Subject: Reconstructing network topology maps ... A co-worker told me he once saw a commercial product belonging to SUN ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Network Mapping/Discovery
    ... Topology Discovery for Large Ethernet Networks ... Accurate network topology information is important for both network ... bridges that share forwarding entries for only three hosts. ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • Re: Theory Question
    ... > With the correct supporting measures in place, obscuring network topology is ... NAT is a means to conserve network ... but sane firewall rules on it. ... this IDS. ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: Network topology inference
    ... But scotty gets, as input, the topology of the network. ... infer the topology of a network of, for instance, 100 hosts. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Curts Nets
    ... > the single fixed image and count the total number of pulses coming out ... > be determined to be the "answer" the network produced. ... > the input signal is that digit. ... > 2D flat network topology can solve. ...
    (comp.ai.philosophy)