Re: VPN, NAT and LDAP or FTP

From: Xyerp (Xyerp_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 08/12/03

Date: 12 Aug 2003 09:44:26 -0700

René Matthäi <matthaei@web.de> wrote in message news:<bhambq$m8j$04$1@news.t-online.com>...
> Hi,
>
> what do you think is the best solution for this?
>
> I read information about Super FreeS/WAN, CIPE, OpenVPN (vtun) and so
> on. But I cannot see if there is at all a possibility to have VPN
> between to NATed Intranets, each VPN GW situated behind the FWs - and
> providing the capability of FTP or LDAP traffic between the intranets.
>
> Or is M$ L2TP (with IPSec?!?) a solution to this. Or should we get a
> hardware solution (if at all this would help)?
>
> Please help me understanding all this :-/
>
> Greetings,
>
> René

Solution for what? What is it that you are trying to achieve? I cannot
understand what you are trying to ask - anyone else?

The best guess I can make is that you want a way to transfer files in
a secure manner. I'd take a look at OpenSSH for this.

http://www.openssh.org

Quick and easy to setup, configure, can be automated and the firewall
rules are easy.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VPN, NAT and LDAP or FTP
    ... > I read information about Super FreeS/WAN, CIPE, OpenVPN (vtun) and so ... But I cannot see if there is at all a possibility to have VPN ... > between to NATed Intranets, each VPN GW situated behind the FWs - and ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • VPN, NAT and LDAP or FTP
    ... I read information about Super FreeS/WAN, CIPE, OpenVPN (vtun) and so ... But I cannot see if there is at all a possibility to have VPN ... between to NATed Intranets, each VPN GW situated behind the FWs - and ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • VPN, NAT and LDAP or FTP
    ... I read information about Super FreeS/WAN, CIPE, OpenVPN (vtun) and so ... But I cannot see if there is at all a possibility to have VPN ... between to NATed Intranets, each VPN GW situated behind the FWs - and ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: VPN, NAT and LDAP or FTP
    ... > I read information about Super FreeS/WAN, CIPE, OpenVPN (vtun) and so ... But I cannot see if there is at all a possibility to have VPN ... > between to NATed Intranets, each VPN GW situated behind the FWs - and ... > providing the capability of FTP or LDAP traffic between the intranets. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Personal VPN on Fedora
    ... How can I easily mount a VPN connection in Fedora? ... OpenVPN is too difficult to Setup and Tor is not what I'm looking for. ... VPN Mounting on fedora is a little painful... ...
    (Fedora)