Linux-friendly ISP for e-mail

From: Mark Cudworth (markc_at_eskimo.com.invalid)
Date: 08/27/03

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 12:13:33 -0500

I am looking for a new ISP that works reasonably well with Linux. I
currently have a broadband connection (Comcast), but I am not impressed
with their e-mail utilities. My current ISP for e-mail (Eskimo North) was
good until recently, when they decided to start classifying Comcast as a
"spam site" and refusing my incoming e-mail from my friends, etc. who use
Comcast. *I* prefer to make the decisions about what I consider spam.
E-mail from my fiancée isn't spam, even though Eskimo North thinks so.

I'd like to find an ISP for my e-mail that has UNIX shell access,
Procmail, POP/IMAP, SSH and other standard utilities. It would also be
nice if they had a large collection of regional numbers I could use for
dialup when I travel with my laptop, but this isn't a necessity.

Can anyone out there recommend an ISP that works well with Linux?
Linux/UNIX support isn't necesary, I just need them to run standard,
non-proprietary services.

I am located in Indiana, if that makes a difference. I will likely be
downloading my e-mail over my existing cable modem connection, however.

Thanks for any (reasonable) suggestions!

--
Mark Cudworth