Portable openssh.

From: Gladiator (billy_at_30plusplus.com)
Date: 10/02/03

Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2003 21:41:48 GMT

I hope someone can help me to understand one thing. :)
Whats the difference between openssh from RedHat and from www.openssh.org?
I have installed a portable openssh 3.5p1-1.rpm on RedHat 7.3 and it was a
year ago.
Now I want to update the latest openssh with openssh-3.1p1-14.i386.rpm frn
RedHat Network.

If you look at the version number it lower then the one I have installed, am
I upgrading or downgrading?
Whats the difference? Could anyone tell me or give a tips on a websites that
have this information for a newbie like me.

I did install the openssh-3.1p1-14.i386.rpm anyway on my server and it did
install new sshd_config.rpmnew.
But I restarted sshd without changing the sshd_config and I got following
errors on these options:
UsePrivilegeSeparation
KerberosAuthentication
KerberosOrLocalPasswd
KerberosTicketCleanup

Is my server more secure after the upgrade?

Billy