nfs and writing rights

From: Dominik Juszczyk (djus_at_poczta.onet.pl)
Date: 10/16/03

Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:59:28 +0200

Hi

I want to mount my home directory with nfs on other computer, and I want to
have writing rights there.
In /etc/exports file I'm adding something like this:
/home/andziu    10.10.10.9(rw)
where /home/anddziu is directory which I want to mount, at host with IP
10.10.10.9 with rw rights (it's how I understend this line)
On host 10.10.10.9 in /etc/fstab I'm adding line:
10.10.10.8:/home/andziu /home/andziu/djus       nfs rw,noauto
I'm mounting /home/andziu (which is on 10.10.10.8 host) in /home/andziu/djus
directory.(on 10.10.10.9 host).
Unfortunately after mount I have no rigts to write in this directory.
And here is my quetion: is this possible at all? and if yes, then what I'm
doing wrong?

sorry for my english, but as you can see it's not my first language...

thanks in advance for any help

--
Pozdrawiam, Dominik Juszczyk

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unable to boot linux kernel 2.4 for imx21ads through NFS
    ... And my /dev in rootfs doesnt have nfs file...i.e, ... initialized very late in the kernel init process. ... mount program didnot pass remote address! ... Try to disable NFSv3 on your host. ...
    (comp.os.linux.embedded)
  • Re: VirtualBox - mount /home share with users ownerships?
    ... If I share /home from the host and mount it on the guest VM, ... Is there any way to mount them correctly with users owning their home ... Would you be able to achieve this via NFS? ... i.e. run the VM host as the NFS server and then mount the homedirs via NFS rather than as shared folders. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Cant get the syntax correct for my tcpdump command
    ... host I'm trying to mount through NFS. ... but I had to kill that terminal session abnormally and the commands ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • mount_nfs does not like exports longer then 88 chars
    ... When a nfs export path and host name total to more then 88 characters ... mount_nfs bombs out with the following error when it attempts to mount ... entries from their mountlist while unmounting. ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: nfs and writing rights
    ... > I want to mount my home directory with nfs on other computer, ... > have writing rights there. ... > directory.(on 10.10.10.9 host). ... > Unfortunately after mount I have no rigts to write in this directory. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)