Re: Setting up a Firewall

From: Mark Hackett (
Date: 11/08/03

Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 15:32:40 +0000

UoVoBW wrote:

> Hello NG
> I need help about setting up a firewall on astand alone PC using RH9.
> I heard that usually people use a separate computer as a firewall but i
> can't afford one and i probably won't need one.
> So i need to set a firewall up on my machine in rh9.
> I searched the web on google and so on on many other howtos but all of
> them spoke about doing it on a separate pc, whic I wont do.
> Thank you very very much for any help
> ps (sorry for the english but i'm italian)
> Bye

If you use KDE, install guarddog. Then look at the file it creates so you
know how to roll your own.

Generally a good tip is to get a GUI product to create something *like* what
you're looking for, then try to understand the output. Mos GUI progs put
thing out in a daft way, and is hard to understand, but at least you'll be