Re: Can't ftp or ssh between Red hat 9 machines

From: Bill (wjmunga843_at_aol.comnospam)
Date: 11/12/03

Date: 12 Nov 2003 03:25:49 GMT

Skip,

I just did this with 2 RH9 boxes. I did ps -e|grep ssh & found each box had
sshd running. I would check this first. Also, make sure that telnet & ftp
services are running. ps can tell you this as well.

As far as ssh was concerned I didn't do any configuration to get that working
between the machines.

What do you get when you try to ssh between machines? Connection refused?

Verify the desired services are running first.
Bill in Sacramento, California....

Relevant Pages

  • Re: firewalls and computer securi
    ... >So...I shouldn't be using ftp and telnet, but ssh and sftpinstead, ... what ssh is and won't go through the trouble of finding out. ... I had a high school ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: le0 strangeness
    ... :> i was able to ftp and telnet into the sparc10 from other machines. ... but in solaris 8 it was set to true and the message didn't show up. ...
    (comp.sys.sun.hardware)
  • Re: Secure telnet and ftp?
    ... Or is it Just As Easy to use the real secure ftp ... But it seems like you could implement this using SSH to establish a tunnel into a remote machine then go local to telnet/ftp assuming they were running on the box. ... ssh, sftp, scp are no harder to use than telnet, ftp. ... For GNU/Linux + other Unix can use gftp as a gui client to handle sftp and scp. ...
    (comp.lang.ruby)
  • SFTP with no SSH session
    ... Suppose someone has telnet and FTP access to his System. ... suppose I have SSH and SFTP access to my system. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • SSH and gigabit NICs
    ... Both machines FreeBSD/i386 5.4 ... To rule out problems with a cheap switch, I have just wired the NICs ... On the new Gigabit hardware, ftp drops to 17 seconds, but scp takes ... But for ssh to get ...
    (freebsd-questions)