executing webalizer from crontab

From: Allan Bruce (allanmb_at_TAKEAWAYf2s.com)
Date: 11/20/03

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 11:00:01 -0000

I am trying to make webalizer run once every hour by placing an entry in my
crontab. I edit my crontab by typing

    crontab -e

then add the following line

    0 * * * * root /usr/local/bin/webalizer

but Webalizer does not update the stats, so I tried

    0 * * * * root /usr/local/bin/webalizer | mail allan

to ensure that it was attempting and every hour. I get a blank mail, but
webalizer still doesnt update the stats.
Does anybody know what I`m doing wrong?

Thanks
Allan

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Crontab, Scripting and Syslog
    ... the crontab: ... As far as I can see, the result of Webalizer is made at 4, not 4:59, so ... # min hr dom mon dow command ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: cron cant find root or operator
    ... > What you did was install the system crontab as a user. ... and webalizer run once a week on sunday nights at midnight. ... Do you Yahoo!? ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • RE: Log Analysis
    ... Webalizer http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/ is a very good application, ... If you want to get stats on your users usage, ... transparent) and use the logs from the proxy server to run your statistics. ... Subject: Log Analysis ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: search engine "visits" to my site influence the site stats?
    ... Webalizer is not very accurate, awstats is more accurate, a program is ... awstats state only 150, then the software that I use for stats says 7. ... diferent products. ...
    (alt.internet.search-engines)
  • Re: Webalizer logs
    ... data from the old log files. ... All the stats are from yesterday. ... get Webalizer to show the old stats. ... because the host appears to have set it up to do just about ...
    (alt.html)