Home-Lan question

From: belbo (belbo_at_abulafia.it)
Date: 11/20/03

Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 20:10:13 GMT

Hi,
I've got a little home-lan, composed by two PCs. The current configuration
is the following:

router adsl <--> PC1 <--> crossed wire <--> PC2

The main problem of this 'rough' lan is that the internet connection is
reachable from PC2 only when PC1 is connected. If I want surf from PC2 I
have to switch on the PC1 with a little but annoying electricity waste.
Besides, there's a worse problem related to NAT connection: when I
wanna provide a server (for instance a game server as UnrealT 2003) from the
PC2, which is the more powerful and graphic-oriented PC, I can't.
Unfortunately I can make a server visible from the internet only on PC1.
At last my question: if I buy a common HUB, how I can manage the pppoe
connection from my pcs?
Since my adsl router doesn't have hardware authentication
equipment, I have to give it ID & pwd through 'pon' program.

With the situation below, how I can deliver ID and
pwd to adsl router?

router adsl <-> HUB ---> PC1
                    \---> PC2

Bye

--
belbo

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Problems getting internet to LAN pcs, Help!
    ... My only concern is if I do connect the server and clients to the ... Linksys router is your connection to the Internet, but it is not in the same ... server to allocate itself as DNS but the Linksys as default gateway. ... On the connected PCs I get Error: ...
  • RE: SBS 2003 loses internet connection regularly after apllying SP
    ... server from off site. ... lose internet connection regularly after applied SBS 2003 SP1. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: MX records. Cannot receive email. Thanks M. Porter, C. Hanna,
    ... are you connecting the SBS server to the Internet using an ATT ... Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ... Select Direct Broadband Connection ... Have you re-run the Configure Email and Internet Connection Wizard ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: XP Remote Desktop over VPN problem
    ... So yes I establish the VPN connection by using the FQDN. ... once I've got the VPN tunnel established I thought I ... with PCs that have a common domain defined in Control Panel/System/Computer ... That way you simply call the remote VPN server or Remote Desktop ...
  • Re: SBS2003 R2 Internet Connection Problems
    ... Any errors in the event logs of the SBS server? ... The original connection was via DSL. ... no internet connection, after discussion with the ISP they decided the DSL ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)