Re: smtp problems

From: Noi (noi_at_siam.com)
Date: 12/26/03

Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2003 22:55:59 GMT

On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 18:43:52 -0800, Edward Lee epl thoughtfully wrote:

> nsajus@yahoo.com (Ann) wrote in message
> news:<cca0635f.0312221442.149bb500@posting.google.com>... ...
>
>> I have one more problem tho' on checking my domain on www.dnsreport.com,
>> I came across the following
>>
>> WARNING: Acceptance of domain literals WARN: One or more of your
>> mailservers does not accept mail in the domain literal format
>> (user@[0.0.0.0]). Mailservers are technically required RFC1123 5.2.17 to
>> accept mail to domain literals for any of its IP addresses. Not
>> accepting domain literals can make it more difficult to test your
>> mailserver, and can prevent you from receiving E-mail from people
>> reporting problems with your mailserver. However, it is unlikely that
>> any problems will occur if the domain literals are not accepted.
>
> Screw the RFCs. RFC whatever were designed when there were less spams on
> the net. Spammers like to use mail relays without domains. Force them to
> have
> domains and you will get less spams. Another good RFC violation is to
> enforce HELO/EHLO verify (cut down 30% of my spams). Block all mail
> servers from Cable/DSL without domains and you will cut out 80% of spams.

Thanks,
would that be "O AllowBogusHELO=False" ?

Where is block servers without domains?

>> www.myserver.com postmaster@[68.88.110.209] response:
>> <<< 550 5.7.1 ... Relaying denied
>>
>> I could not find a solution for this..Any one , please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Ann
>>

>> Noi <noi@siam.com> wrote in message

>> > Maybe the OP made too many changes? OP should try original settings
>> > for LOCAL_DOMAIN and FEATURE(relay-based_on_MX) Mozilla server should
>> > be pointed to smtp server name (server.polychip.net?) Maybe use the
>> > MASQUERADE options to send mail out as user@polychip.net?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: smtp problems
    ... >> mailservers does not accept mail in the domain literal format ... >> accept mail to domain literals for any of its IP addresses. ... RFC whatever were designed when there were less spams on ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Re: smtp problems
    ... >> mailservers does not accept mail in the domain literal format ... >> accept mail to domain literals for any of its IP addresses. ... RFC whatever were designed when there were less spams on ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Re: Problems with Mail on SBS 2003 Premium Server. This is the saga...
    ... recognize any certificate from the server. ... PASS Mail server host name in greeting OK: All of your mailservers have ... INFO Acceptance of domain literals WARNING: ... SIDE Comment - anyone install CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition yet? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Domain Literal Acceptance
    ... Server 2003 Standard on Windows 2003 Server Standard and the dnsreport.com ... One or more of your mailservers does not accept mail in the domain ... RFC1123 5.2.17 to accept mail to domain literals for any of its IP ... Not accepting domain literals can make it more difficult to test ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.misc)
  • Re: Questions from Pat St. Laurent @ HP
    ... >That seems like a defective algorithm. ... Mailservers are expected by RFC2142 to accept ... Not accepting domain literals can make it more ... |E-mail from people reporting problems with your mailserver. ...
    (comp.os.vms)