Re: fetchmail multidrop

From: Fred Stuurman (fc.stuurman_at_hccnet.nl)
Date: 01/06/04

Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 10:49:39 +0100

hhh wrote:
> Fred Stuurman wrote:
> <<skip>>
>
>>Here is the .fetchmailrc which I have now:
>>poll mail.2edalton.nl
>>aka falcon.graficom.com localhost
>>localdomains node11500.a2000.nl localhost:
>>no dns
>>user <user> pass <password>
>>to info=info
>>fred=fred
>>rene=rene
>>pieter=pieter here
>>

> <<skip>>
>
>>fetchmail: found Received address `info@2edalton.nl'
>>fetchmail: About to rewrite From: "Arjen/Jolanda Geukema/Logtens"
>><geukema_logtens@hotmail.com>
>>Rewritten version is From: "Arjen/Jolanda Geukema/Logtens"
>><geukema_logtens@hotmail.com>
>

> This mail was send to info@2edalton.nl. IMO after 'aka' there should be
> '2edalton.nl; thats in fact the domain name of your mail address. If more are
> used add them too. Skip all entries you have now after 'aka'.
> The line with localdomains makes no sense to me. Do not know the meaning. Try
> without this line.
> I also presume that info, fred, rene and pieter are names of users on your
> linux server.
>
> hh

HH,
yes that did the trick, maybe you can explain to me why AKA should be
used instead of localdomains keyword.
in the manual it says:
AKA = Specify alternate DNS names of mailserver

I thought that localdomains was telling fetchmail which domains he
should treat as local. 2edalton.nl is the remote host so I put it after
localdomains.
Thanks and kind regards Fred Stuurman.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: fetchmail multidrop
    ... Fred Stuurman wrote: ... > localdomains node11500.a2000.nl localhost: ... IMO after 'aka' there should be ... The line with localdomains makes no sense to me. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: fetchmail multidrop
    ... > AKA = Specify alternate DNS names of mailserver ... 'localdomains mydomain.com' allows to consider any ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)