Re: dhcpd -> no activity...

From: Luke (clairst_at_uiuc.edu)
Date: 01/12/04

Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 00:06:26 GMT

On 2004-01-11, Cameron Kerr <cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> Luke <clairst@uiuc.edu> wrote:
>> On 2004-01-10, Luke <clairst@uiuc.edu> wrote:
>
>> Also, when running tcp dump on the dhcp client machine, i see the
>> following:
>>
>> 20:21:28.329957 0.0.0.0.bootpc > 255.255.255.255.bootps:
>> xid:somehexnumber secs:7680 file ""[|bootp] [tos 0x10]
>> tcpdump: pcap_loop: recvfrom: Network is down
>
> Yeah, its just complaining that the interface isn't up, so it can't read
> packets from the network (the one you see is going from the machine).

Well, the interface isn't up because it can't get an ip from dhcp,
correct?

I can bring it up using static ip info, but then it can't ping the dhcp
server either...

--
Luke StClair
run_faster@hotmail.com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Configuring dhcp on cisco 3750
    ... for dhcp requests and the proceeding dhcp traffic. ... interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1 ... switchport access vlan 2 ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Configuring dhcp on cisco 3750
    ... for dhcp requests and the proceeding dhcp traffic. ... I connected one of the clients to the dhcp server back-2-back to ... interface GigabitEthernet1/0/1 ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: Iptables -> einige Fragen
    ... da ich nur ein Interface habe. ... Mit der Spoofing Regel ging wirklich gar nichts mehr, ... Das loopback interface ist im prinzip ein Netzwerkinterface wie jedes ... DHCP ist UDP. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.networking.misc)
  • Re: Conflicting uses of "ip dhcp-server" -- design flaw?
    ... The docs mention using "no peer default ip address" to prevent using dhcp ... WAN Ethernet interface. ... able to specify a dhcp-server in a virtual-template. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • [NEWS] Cisco IOS DHCP Blocked Interface DoS
    ... Cisco IOS devices running several branches of Cisco IOS that have Dynamic ... queue becomes blocked when receiving specifically crafted DHCP packets. ... configuration information from the DHCP server via the network. ... On a blocked Ethernet interface, ...
    (Securiteam)