HOWTO ISDN with Nokia 6210 mobile

From: Patrick Guio (patricg_at_fys.uio.no)
Date: 01/13/04

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:15:32 +0100

Dear all,

I have a laptop running RH9 and a Nokia 6210 mobile phone with a
subscription to an ISDN service as well as a modem connection available.
The mobile phone is connected to the serial device /dev/ttyS0
I tried to run redhat-configure-network and set up an ISDN adapter but
there are no Nokia adapter. In the same way I try to run a modem
connection through /dev/ttyS0 but ity doesnot work. Dos anyone has
experience with how to configure this?
Sincerely,
Patrick Guio

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Mobile Phones
    ... :>:A mobile phone is far too small to do the things you mentioned ... as:the ISP connection you're comparing it to? ... Virtually everyone I know with a smart phone has an unlimited data ... Programming an Android phone involves writing to a rich and defined API ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • Re: How to use TX/RX on a PIC
    ... mobile phone by using my COM port on my PC. ... I think the signals may need to be inverted, ... inversion will be necessary. ... post (direct connection, resistors for protection). ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)
  • Re: Mobile Phones
    ... No mobile phone could fulfil that purpose ... :the ISP connection you're comparing it to? ... :unlimited data plans presumably because they already have an ISP ... Programming an Android phone involves writing to a rich and defined ...
    (soc.culture.scottish)
  • Re: Internet at Camp?
    ... But what is the chance of getting onto the internet? ... Get a laptop and mobile phone equipped with bluetooth. ... modem and add a device. ... Go to the create new connection wizard in windows, ...
    (uk.rec.scouting)
  • Re: How to use TX/RX on a PIC
    ... mobile phone by using my COM port on my PC. ... Depending on the voltage levels recognised by the T28, you may be able to do it using simple transistors for the signal inversion. ... For a PC PIC connection you don't really need level shifting but you must invert the signals. ...
    (sci.electronics.basics)