HTTP over token ring on ISDN

From: Julia Goolia (juliagoolia301_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 01/22/04

Date: 22 Jan 2004 10:53:41 -0800

Hello,

I was wondering... we have an AIX 4 server and also have a ISDN
connection on a token ring network. Can I compile and install apache
for this setup? Will people's web browsers who can access the network
automatically use HTTP on top of this token ring ISDN connection? I
suppose that the OS (windows in our case) takes care of that?

Thanks!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Bandwidth Hogging by server communication...
    ... ->ISDN lines at remote locations start at a Pipeline ISDN router ... -> Internet connection is through a Netscreen Firewall, ... -> When we set up the VPN the remote server took all available bandwidth ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: ISDN external TA - getting only 64k of 128k
    ... I don't know current details for external isdn cards but at the time I ... communication goes over 2 wires in the connection. ... handled buy hisax, the isdn driver for linux, it can do channel bundling ... computer just sees a modem that can do a 'high' speed. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: ISDN external TA - getting only 64k of 128k
    ... I don't know current details for external isdn cards but at the time I ... communication goes over 2 wires in the connection. ... handled buy hisax, the isdn driver for linux, it can do channel bundling ... computer just sees a modem that can do a 'high' speed. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: ISDN external TA - getting only 64k of 128k
    ... I don't know current details for external isdn cards but at the time I ... communication goes over 2 wires in the connection. ... handled buy hisax, the isdn driver for linux, it can do channel bundling ... computer just sees a modem that can do a 'high' speed. ...
    (comp.os.linux.hardware)
  • Re: large file transfer - what do you use?
    ... saying "ISDN? ... you'll still use TCP/IP and the usual internet protocols (FTP, HTTP, ... Anyone who has a T1 connection still uses it, ...
    (comp.publish.prepress)