Re: Remote Desktop Support

From: Cameron Kerr (cameron.kerr_at_paradise.net.nz)
Date: 02/02/04

Date: 3 Feb 2004 03:05:52 +1300

Jim <quijote@eircom.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> does anybody know of a linux app similar to webex or GoToAssist which
> will allow remote administration of a desktop via a web browser,
> thanks
> Jim.

Does it have to be via a web browser?

KDE3 comes with Desktop sharing features, people can invite others
(helpdesk for instance) to view their desktop. IIRC, its also compatible
with the Microsoft Remote Desktop feature.

--
Cameron Kerr
cameron.kerr@paradise.net.nz : http://nzgeeks.org/cameron/

Relevant Pages

  • Re: 54 GB in /var/log!! -- UPDATE
    ... machine on the network, is to open a web browser from that machine, and ... have CUPS on the other machines open - each in their own tab. ... You have to turn on remote administration first. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: word to html
    ... Jim, I downloaded a Newsletter template, used File>Save as, where it has 'save as type' I selected> web page. ... Keep in mind that every web browser renders HTML differently, so you're unlikely to get an exact replication of what you see in Word from web browsers. ... Okay its a Given That this HTML rendering in Office 2003, 2007 (PC is using a/the Internet Explorer engine. ... Any web browser should render it acceptably, but if you saved the web page and open it in Microsoft Word, then Word would render it perfectly. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.office.word)
  • Re: Larkin, Heres mine...
    ... ...Jim Thompson ... Please exit Adobe Acrobat/Reader and exit your Web Browser and try again. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Larkin, Heres mine...
    ... ...Jim Thompson ... The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is running can not be used to view PDF files in a Web Browser. ... Please exit Adobe Acrobat/Reader and exit your Web Browser and try again. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Larkin, Heres mine...
    ... Jim Thompson wrote: ... Please exit Adobe Acrobat/Reader and exit your Web Browser and try again. ...
    (sci.electronics.design)