clear ARP Cache on Linux Firwall

From: Miles Freedman (mfreedman_at_getconnected.com)
Date: 02/05/04

Date: 5 Feb 2004 07:36:23 -0800

I'm running a Linux 8.0 box with IP chains as my firewall. I was
wondering if there was a command I can run to clear the ARP cache
without having to reboot the box. I'm replaceing a main gateway this
box points to and I want to force it to recognize the new MAC address.

Thanks,

Miles

Relevant Pages

  • Re: clear ARP Cache on Linux Firwall
    ... > I'm running a Linux 8.0 box with IP chains as my firewall. ... > wondering if there was a command I can run to clear the ARP cache ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Good wireless signal - but browser cannot find it?
    ... But when I gave the command to see the route table, ... But his browser cannot find any connection and displays the error page ... The firewall is Norton - but disabling it temporarily made no difference. ... ping resolver1.opendns.com ...
  • Re: IPTABLES
    ... > I need to setup the firewall IPTABLES on CentOS. ... You set up the firewall using command line commands. ... > allow to acces FROM the LAN only to a computer with MAC ADRESS xxxxxx. ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: Adobe Reader will not launch in XP Home Edition SP 2
    ... for older versions of Adobe Reader all the way back to 5.x, ... and then when trying to launch the reader by clicking on a pdf file I get ... It might be your firewall, ... Results of command "notepad c:\test.txt" ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Problem about Window Xp SP2 firewall and the buildin FTP command
    ... I checked the firewall log, ... I always test the XP SP2 on both my own FTP ... I copy your example ftp command file to a.txt saved in C:\dell folder. ... I cannot turn off Windows Firewall, since it is controlled by Domain ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)