Re: Tunnel ICMP?

From: James Knott (bit_bucket_at_rogers.com)
Date: 02/06/04

Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 11:57:03 GMT

Davey SM4 wrote:

> I have Linux boxes at each site, so what I'm thinking here is set
> static route on the Windows box to the PBX to route via the Linux box
> at site A.
> Then set up a tunnel ( SSH maybe? ) from Linux box at site A to Linux
> box B.
>
> Then forward the traffic from the Linux box at site B to the PBX.
>
> Thereby all the pings from the Windows at site A would go:
> Windows[Site A] -> Linux[Site A] ->(Tunnelled over WAN)-> Linux[Site
> B] -> PBX[Site B]

What you're describing is a VPN. However, ssh isn't suitable, as it won't
carry ICMP. There are many other VPNs available, that will carry all IP
packets.

--
Fundamentalism is fundamentally wrong.
james.knott.

Relevant Pages

  • Tunnel ICMP?
    ... I have a Windows 2000 server at site A that must be able to ping a PBX ... I have Linux boxes at each site, so what I'm thinking here is set ... static route on the Windows box to the PBX to route via the Linux box ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Tunnel ICMP?
    ... >> I have a Windows 2000 server at site A that must be able to ping a PBX ... >> static route on the Windows box to the PBX to route via the Linux box ... Of course your global policy need ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Future of IT in Lebanon
    ... working knowledge of Indian programmers DNA, nor of their intuitive Java ... > So Longhorn is not an experiment and Linux is an experiment? ... another chapter in the Windows story, and the Microsoft marketing machine is ... > application opens, Check the about, it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.3. ...
    (soc.culture.lebanon)
  • FTP DOWNLOAD! More than 6500 CRACKED SOFTWARE(CAD,CAE,CAM,ED
    ... Autodesk Architectural Desktop 2005 ... DASSAULT SYSTEMES CAA ENOVIA LCA V5R13 ... ALTAIR.OPTISTRUCT V5.1 for LINUX ... ANSYS V8.0 FOR WINDOWS ...
  • Linux for Senior Citizens
    ... Linux for Senior Citizens ... For such people, I believe, Windows really is a better option: ... The kernel manages all the hardware and also looks after all running ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)